Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 Bucket List

Mark asked me a few days ago if I had any new year's resolutions. Typically, I do try to come up with one or two things that I'd like to improve upon or change in the coming year. This year, I was having a hard time nailing down anything I really wanted to change. (you know, since I've practically reached perfection and all...bah!) Instead, I just kept thinking of things I'd like to do. Some just for fun, some to make me a better person, some to help out our family, some to help others, and on and on. So I thought I'd come up with a like "bucket list" of sorts for 2012. A compilation of things I'd like to do or achieve before the year comes to a close. And just for fun, I'll keep up of things on here--give a little background as to why it's important to me, how my progress is going, and when I eventually get to cross it off the list. So here goes!

1. Drink more water.
2. Try new foods. Get Thai food with Mark at least once.
3. Follow the two daily devotionals that I received for Christmas for a full year.
4. Read our Dave Ramsey book and fine tune our budget.
5. Make at least one thing for our home each month.
6. Make curtains for our family room, rec room, and kitchen, and the boys' room.
7. Blog more often.
8. Develop and maintain a house cleaning schedule.
9. Take a weekend trip with just Mark.
10. Teach Kolbe how to read.
11. Teach Reagan his full alphabet and numbers.
12. Develop and implement a manageable discipline system.
13. Pray the rosary more.
14. Find a way to volunteer with the children.
15. Actively listen more.
16. Less cell phone.
17. Purge our house and donate items at least six times.
18. Take a mini family (overnight) vacation.
19. Write and send a meaningful letter once a month.
20. Treat myself to a spa day- hair, pedicure and manicure.
21. Meet my yearly business goal for my shop.

Ahhh! When looking at it all typed out, it sure does seem like a lot. And Lord knows if I tried to achieve this all in say, one month, it would be a lost cause. Thank goodness there are twelve!  Annnnnnnnnd we're off!

1 comment:

  1. I do the same kind of list every year and my list seems so thin compared to yours...it felt thin before I saw yours. I wish you all the luck and determination and hope you're able to meet all your goals!

    ReplyDelete